National Coordinator for Health IT, Dr. David Blumenthal, launched Health IT Buzz, a new blog from the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) that will allow readers to learn more about health information technology and provide a forum for engagement.
The purpose of the blog is to share ideas about how to use health IT and exchange electronic health information to improve outcomes and reduce costs in our health care system. The recent, unprecedented commitment of our nation to support the meaningful use of electronic health records (EHRs) has accelerated the pace of conversation. This weblog is to facilitate that conversation.
According to the annoncement, the goal is to foster meaningful and constructive discussion. The guiding principles of the blog are:
* We will provide unique, individual perspectives on whatís going on at ONC
* We will post comments, except for spam and remarks that are off-topic, denigrating or offensive*
* We will reply to comments promptly, when appropriate*
* We will be respectful of your privacy*
* We will be respectful when disagreeing with othersí opinions
The link to the Health IT Buzz blog is:Posted by rsk at November 24, 2009 12:14 PM